Leona TR 049 provides relatively easy (1.6 mi) access to the PNT on the Kettle Crest; the trailhead is located approximately 9.7 miles from Malo, WA.
- From Republic, follow Highway 20/21 east/north
- At the hamlet of Pine Grove, turn left on Highway 21, heading towards Curlew and Malo
- After approx. 16 miles, in Malo, turn right on Saint Peters Creek Rd
- After approx. 2 miles, take the right fork onto South Fork Peters Creek Rd
- S Fk Saint Peters Rd becomes FR 2157-000; continue following FR 2157 as it switchbacks up the mountain and terminates at Leona Trailhead.
The trailhead has a modest amount of undeveloped parking space.
NO toilet, NO water, NO fire rings
Hiking, Backpacking, and Horseback Riding
No day use fee or pass is required at this site