Park Butte Trailhead
The trailhead provides access to the Park Butte lookout, a popular day hiking destination. Note that the lookout is inside the Mt. Baker Wilderness boundary. Wilderness regulations limit party size to 12 members, including stock or llama.
- From Sedro-Woolley, Washington follow State Route 20 east for approximately 16 miles to milepost 82.
- Turn left (north) on the Baker Lake Highway (Forest Service Road 11).
- Continue on at mile 12, turn left on Forest Service Road 12. Travel 3.6 miles to the junction of Forest Service Road 13.
- Stay to right and follow FS Road 13 for 5.3 miles. The trailhead is located at the end of FS Road 13.
This trailhead has many parking spaces for passenger vehicles, dedicated parking for stock vehicles, and three vault toilets.
This trailhead is the primary access point for Mt. Baker National Recreation Area. Hiking, Backpacking, Horseback Riding, Mountain Climbing and Winter Recreation.
- Mt. Baker-Snoqualmie National Forest
- Park Butte Trailhead Information
- Road and Trail Conditions
- Explore the Area