Nordman-Metaline FR 2200 @ Pass Creek Pass
On the Nordman-Metaline Road (FR 2200), Pass Creek Pass is the divide between the watersheds to Sullivan Lake in Colville National Forest (northeast Washington), and Upper Priest Lake in the Idaho Panhandle National Forest.
Pass Creek Pass Trailhead provides access to the primary route of the PNT, westbound on Grassy Top TR 503 and Grassy-Hall Divide TR 533. About 0.3 mile further east on FR 2200, the PNT continues eastbound on Shedroof Divide TR 512.
Allow for 45–60 minutes of travel time from Sullivan Lake Ranger Station to Pass Creek Pass.
- From Sullivan Lake Ranger Station, follow Sullivan Lake Road north (towards Metaline Falls) less than 0.5 miles, then turn right on Sullivan Creek FR 2200.
- Continue along Sullivan Creek Road approx. 5.3 miles
- When the road forks, turn RIGHT to stay on Nordman-Metaline FR 2200.
- Follow FR 2200 for 5.9 miles
- When the road forks (to FR 400), stay LEFT to remain on FR 2200.
- In approx. 1 mile from that fork, the trailhead for Grassy Top TR 503 will be on your right.
- In another approx. 0.3 miles from Grassy Top TR 503, Shedroof Divide TR 512 will be on your left.
The Grassy Top trailhead has parking for about three vehicles. Look for additional shoulder parking options between Grassy Top and the Shedroof Divide.
There are NO facilities at these trailheads— no vault toilets, no water, etc. Please come prepared.
Hiking, Backpacking, Bicycling, Trail Riding
No fees or passes required for day-use parking