Date(s): 06/07/2022 - 06/14/2022
Total: 0 / Remaining: 0
Silver Creek Campground
Download Event iCal
- Region: Northeast Washington
- Experience: No Experience Needed
- Ages: adults; 15–17 with guardian consent
- Difficulty: Intermediate
- Hike Length: 3–6 miles
- Trip Type: Work-based Learning Experience
- Trip Duration: Multi-day
- Project Type: Log Out, Brush Out, Tread Work & Protection (tread repairs, drains)
Bathe your senses in the forest air and take in the expansive views from Abercrombie Mountain when you join this PNTA crew on the PNT at North Fork Silver Creek TR 119. While we’re in that neck of the woods, we’ll also dabble with some maintenance of South Fork Silver Creek TR 123.
Help clear a path thru the PNT by joining a log out party as a “swamper” who follows behind a PNTA sawyer, rolling log rounds and tossing branches off the trail. Crew members also use loppers or handsaws to trim back brush, saplings and branches growing in the corridor, and dirt work tools to repair the tread and clear drains along the way.
No trail crew experience necessary: the PNTA provides tools, personal protective equipment, and training. Just bring yourself, your camp gear and daypack, and a thirst for a rewarding work-based learning experience on the trail!
See Resources (below) for Frequently Asked Questions and packing recommendations.
- PNTA Last Worked Here: 2021
- Project Leader: Kristin Ackerman
- Trail Crew Leader(s): TBD
- Trip Time: up to 8–10 hrs daily, + drive time
- Hike Distance: up to 6 miles round trip
- Spots Available: 4
- Meals: Included for multi-day participants who register & onboard by Tue May 24th
- Cost: Free
Other Location Info
- Land Manager: Colville National Forest — Three Rivers Ranger District
- Rendezvous Location: TBD
- Default Rendezvous: Kettle Falls
- PNTA provides roundtrip transportation (between Rendezvous and the worksite) for students participating in the full-duration of the experience.
- Staging Area: NA
- Camping: Multi-day participants camp at a semi-developed campground with PNTA crew leaders
- Directions: See Location for directions
About Group Reservations
This event is currently reserved for students participating in a Work-based Learning Experience.
Priority registration for WBL students closes two weeks prior to the trip start date, after which time— if no students have signed up— the event may be opened up to the public as a Volunteer Work Party.
Look out below for other opportunities to volunteer at this location.
Reach out to our Project Leaders at email@example.com if you’d like to reserve a trail work party event for your group.
Register for this Party
Students must sign up for this experience through their school’s Work-based Learning coordinator. A minimum of three students are required to form a WBL crew. If possible, please sign up by Tue May 24th.
All Events at Silver Creek Campground
- Silver Creek Trails — Annual Maintenance - 06/06/2023 - 06/13/2023 - All Day