Date(s): 07/21/2022 - 07/26/2022
Total: 35 / Remaining: 32
Elbow Lake Trailhead
Download Event iCal
- Region: North Cascades
- Experience: Experience Recommended
- Ages: adults; 16–17 with guardian consent
- Difficulty: Moderate
- Hike Length: up to 10 miles
- Trip Type: Drop-in Work Party, Backcountry Trip
- Trip Type: Multi-day
- Project Type: Logout and General Maintenance
Volunteer to work with the PNTA on the Bell Pass Trail on the Mt. Baker National Forest. We’ll be backcountry camping north of the Pacific Northwest Trail at beautiful Elbow Lake, and working on the Bell Pass Trail to the east and the Elbow Lake Trail to the west.
Please note, this backcountry Drop-in Work Party is suitable for volunteers with previous experience who can also carry a backpack while hiking up to 10 miles in a day.
Drop-in volunteers make a difference by working alongside PNTA Performance Crews. PNTA staff work on site for the duration of the event, but volunteers are welcome to participate for as long as they like.
The PNTA provides tools, personal protective equipment, and training. Just bring yourself, your backpacking kit, and a thirst for a rewarding dew days on the trail. See the resources (below) for Frequently Asked Questions and gear recommendations.
See Resources (below) for Frequently Asked Questions and packing recommendations.
Other Ways to Volunteer
Pack support volunteers— These volunteers will load up their backpacks and help move food, tools and supplies in and out of our backcountry “spike camp,” so the crew can direct more of their energy towards trail work.
- PNTA Last Worked Here: 2021
- Project Leader: PNTA Performance Crew Leaders
- Trip Time: up to 10 hrs daily, + drive and hike time
- Hike Distance: up to 15 miles each way
- Cost: Free
Other Location Info
- Land Manager: Mt. Baker National Forest — Mt. Baker Ranger District
- Rendezvous Point: Elbow Lake Trailhead
- Camping: Volunteers may camp with PNTA staff at a dispersed, undeveloped campsites
- Directions: See Location for directions
Bookings are closed for this event.
All Events at Elbow Lake Trailhead
- No events in this location