Date(s): 05/23/2023 - 05/30/2023
Total: 4 / Remaining: 3
Sullivan Lake Ranger Station
Download Event iCal
- Region: Northeast Washington
- Experience: No Experience Needed
- Ages: adults; ages 16–17 with guardian consent; 5–15 accompanied by guardian
- Difficulty: Easy
- Hike Length: 0–3 miles
- Trip Type: Work-based Learning Experience
- Or Volunteer Work Party (see “About WBL Experiences” below)
- Trip Duration: Multi-day (WBL)
- Day trip(s) or Multi-day (VWP)
- Project Type: Tread Work
A rare opportunity to connect the dots and help complete the PNT! Help improve a new trail along Sullivan Outlet Creek, for an off-road connection between the Mill Pond Historic Site and Sullivan Lake trail systems.
This new trail was roughed in just last year, and now we’ll work together to refine the details, like: widening the tread and corridor to spec, and reinforcing any steep downslope edges with wee rock walls or log retainers.
This is a great excuse to make a trip to beautiful Sullivan Lake, and dip your toes into trail stewardship at an easily accessible worksite.
No trail crew experience necessary: the PNTA provides tools, personal protective equipment, and training. Just bring yourself, your daypack, and a thirst for a rewarding and unique experience on the trail!
See Resources (below) for Frequently Asked Questions and daypack recommendations.
- PNTA Last Worked Here: September 2022
- Project Leader: Kristin Ackerman
- Trail Crew Leader(s): Hannah & Sam
- Trip Time: 8–10 hrs daily (WBL)
- Volunteers: 2–8 hrs daily, + drive time
- Note: Crew leaders will likely work a full day, but volunteer crew members are always welcome to participate at their own pace for as long as they like.
- Hike Distance: up to 3 miles round trip
- Spots Available: 4 daily
- Meals: Included for multi-day participants who register & enroll by Tues May 16th
- Cost: Free
Other Location Info
- Land Manager: Colville National Forest — Sullivan Lake Ranger District
- Rendezvous Location: Sullivan Lake Ranger Station
- Staging Area: NA
- Camping: Participants can disperse camp with PNTA crew leaders near the worksite; developed (fee) campgrounds are also available nearby, but not included
- Directions: See Location for directions
About Work-based Learning Experiences
This event is reserved for students participating in a Work-based Learning Experience. Students must contact their school WBL program administrator to enroll in this trip.
Registration for WBL students closes two weeks prior to the trip start date. If no students enroll, then this event opens to the public as a Volunteer Work Party.
Volunteers can register below to be on the work party wait list. Also, look out below for other opportunities to volunteer at this location.
Register for this Party
Note: If you’ve already booked a spot on this trip and you’d like to book additional spots for other members of your group, or view the booking options again, then log out of your pnt.org account (if applicable) and reload this page.
Log in if you already have an account with us.
All Events at Sullivan Lake Ranger Station
- Sullivan Outlet Creek — New Trail - 05/23/2023 - 05/30/2023 - All Day
- Sullivan Lake Trails — Annual Maintenance - 05/27/2023 - 05/28/2023 - 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
- Sullivan Outlet Creek — New Trail - 05/27/2023 - 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
- Sullivan Outlet Creek — New Trail - 06/10/2023 - 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
- Sullivan Outlet Creek — New Trail - 06/24/2023 - 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
- Grassy-Hall Divide Trails — Annual Maintenance - 06/25/2023 - 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
- N Fk Sullivan Creek — Pack In Support - 08/16/2023 - All Day
- N Fk Sullivan Creek — Pack Out Support - 08/18/2023 - All Day