Boulder Creek Rd
The Deer Creek Summit South Trailhead provides access to the Kettle Crest Trail 13N/ Pacific Northwest Trail, and the Deer Creek Summit South Loop Trail.
- From Republic, follow Hwy 20 north/east towards Sherman Pass
- About 2–3 miles out of downtown Republic, at Pine Grove junction, turn left onto Hwy 21— head towards Curlew
- Approx. 18.3 miles— approaching Curlew, but before you cross the bridge over the Kettle River— turn right on Kettle River Rd
- Continue straight through the funky junction, onto Boulder Creek Rd
- Ride Boulder Creek Rd up to Boulder-Deer Pass
- At the pass: Deer Creek campground (PNT eastbound) will be on your left; the Kettle Crest trailhead (PNT westbound) will be on your right.
Together, the south and north trailheads have ample parking spaces, three picnic tables, three equestrian hitching rails, three fire rings, and one vault toilet.
On the north side of the highway, the Deer Creek Forest Camp features campsites with picnic tables, fire rings, and a vault toilet.
There is no potable water at this trailhead. Spring water may be available from a stock tank located on the south side of the highway, west of the south trailhead. Treat or filter all ground water.
During the winter, the PNT north and south of the pass is part of the Deer Creek Nordic Sno-Park: a popular destination for the local backcountry and Altai hok-skiing enthusiasts.
Hiking, Backpacking, Horseback Riding, Camping, and Winter Sports.
Sno-Park Permit Required November thru April or as posted.
- Kettle Crest North: Marble Mountain to Profanity Peak — Maintain and Restore - 07/09/2023 - All Day