Hannegan Trailhead, National Forest Development Road 32
The Hannegan Trailhead provides access to the Hannegan Pass Trail 674 / Pacific Northwest Trail, the Mt Baker Wilderness and North Cascades National Park. Popular destinations that may be reached from this trailhead include Hannegan Peak and the Copper Ridge Loop.
- From Glacier, Washington, travel east on Mt. Baker Highway SR 542 to 12.5 miles east of the Glacier Public Service Center.
- Then turn left on Hannegan Pass Road #32.
- Follow Road #32 for 5.3 miles to the trailhead and parking at the end of the road.
- NOTE: Storm damage prevents access to vehicles beyond mile 5.2. Limited parking is available until repairs at the trailhead can be completed.
Parking space for several vehicles is available at mile 5.2. A vault toilet, three-sided shelter, and a limited number of first come, first served campsites are available at trailhead.
Open to hikers and llamas year round. Open to stock July 1-Oct. 31.
A valid Recreation Pass is required at Hannegan Trailhead.
- No campfires. Wilderness regulations apply, including a maximum party size of 12.
- Once trail enters North Cascades National Park, National Park Regulations apply.
- National Park Regulations: Pets and goats are prohibited. Overnight use requires a backcountry permit available at the Glacier Public Service Center. Camping and fires are permitted only in designated sites. No hunting. No mushroom collecting.
- Mt. Baker-Snoqualmie National Forest
- Hannegan Trailhead Information
- Road and Trail Conditions
- Explore the Area