The Samish Overlook on the popular Blanchard State Forest provides access to the Pacific Northwest Trail, Larry Reed Trail and many others. At an elevation of 1,300 feet, the Samish Overlook offers stunning views of the San Juan Islands and Skagit Valley.
Two designated parking areas for the area are located at the Samish Overlook and the Lower Trailhead on the Blanchard State Forest. Limited parking may also be available on Chuckanut Drive at the unofficial Oyster Dome Trailhead.
- From Sedro-Woolley, head west on Cook Road (4.0)
- Turn right to merge onto I-5 N
- Take exit 240 toward Lake Samish Rd (8.0)
- Turn left onto Lake Samish Rd (0.2)
- Turn left onto Barrel Springs Rd (0.5)
- Turn right onto 5 Mi Blanchard Hilltrail (0.7)
- The trailhead will be on your right (3.8)
- The trailhead has a large parking area, benches and vault toilets.
- Large vehicles are limited to 25-feet in length.
- Day use only. Open one hour before sunrise to one hour after sunset.
Hiking, horseback riding, mountain biking, hang gliding and paragliding
A Washington Discover Pass is required at this site