Date(s): 08/25/2021 - 09/01/2021
7:30 am - 4:30 pm
Total: 0 / Remaining: 0
Download Event iCal
- Region: Northeast Washington, The Okanogan
- Experience: No Experience Needed
- Ages: adults; 16–17 with guardian consent; 10–15 with guardian
- Difficulty: Easy to Intermediate, varies by site
- Hike Length: 1–3 miles to 3–6 miles, varies by site
- Trip Type: Volunteer Trail Work Party
- Trip Type: Day Trip, Multi-Day Trip
- Project Type: Maintenance
Explore the PNT in the southeast corner of the Okanogan Highlands!
- Wed–Thr (Aug 25–26) we’ll work on Snow Peak TR 010— an important feeder trail to the PNT on Kettle Crest 13S. We’ll break restoring the
- Fri (Aug 27) we’ll complete the reroute of the PNT at Cougar Creek, finishing approx. 350′ of new tread, and closing a previous draft of the reroute.
- Sat–Tue (Aug 28–31) we’ll camp at Swan Lake as we work to make an honest National Scenic Trail out of the 1–2 miles of PNT route between the lake and Forest Road 5314.
No trail crew experience is necessary; our friendly and professional leaders will welcome you into the stewardship experience, and the PNTA provides the tools and PPE you need for a uniquely satisfying day on the trail.
Volunteer crew members are free to participate for as long as they like— whether that’s for part of a day, or a multi-day adventure. Meals are included for multi-day participants who opt to camp with the leaders and who register by Friday, August 20th.
See Resources (below) for Frequently Asked Questions and daypack (or multi-day packlist!) recommendations.
To Submit Project Suggestions
Which part of the Forest would you like to explore? We’re open to suggestions on which trails to service next— on the PNT system, as well as other trails in the Colville National Forest. (Including Tonasket District!) We’re also happy to organize a work party tailored to your group.
- Complete a NEWA Trails Condition Report to recommend where we should work next
- -or- email our Regional Coordinator: firstname.lastname@example.org
- -or- register for a group party and submit your “Other” suggestion in the events list (please include dates)
- -or- if you’re flexible about the destination, simply register to join one of our crews hosting an Aug 25 – Sep 1 event.
- PNTA Last Worked Here: Varies by Trail
- Project Leader: Kristin Ackerman
- Trail Crew Leader/s: Mackenzie & Jonny
- Trip Time: up to 7+ hrs daily, + drive time
- Hike Distance: 1 mile RT
- Spots Available: 2 per day
- Cost: Free
Other Location Info
- Land Manager: Colville National Forest
- Rendezvous Point: TBD
- Staging Area: NA
- Camping: TBD
- Multi-day participants are welcome to camp with the crew leaders. We usually camp at dispersed (i.e., undeveloped) sites near our worksites.
- Directions: TBD
All Events at Wauconda, WA
- No events in this location