Date(s): 08/04/2022 - 08/08/2022
Total: 4 / Remaining: 2
Harts Pass Trailhead
Download Event iCal
- Region: Pasayten Wilderness
- Experience: Experience Recommended
- Ages: adults; 16–17 with guardian consent
- Difficulty: Difficult (due to hike length)
- Hike Length: over 15 miles
- Trip Type: Drop-in Work Party, Backcountry Trip
- Trip Type: Multi-day
- Project Type: Logout
This summer, we’re inviting volunteers to three backcountry work parties in the Pasayten. If you love using crosscut saws, have backpacking or trail stewardship experience, and would like to get a taste of life on a backcountry trail crew, then this is the project for you!
Every year there is a lot of work to do in the Pasayten and a short amount of time to get the job done. The trail usually stays snowbound until late June and winter storms return again in late September. With your help, we can get this beautiful section of trail ready for everyone to enjoy — and have a lot of fun too!
The PNTA provides tools, personal protective equipment, and training. Just bring yourself, your backpacking kit, and a thirst for a rewarding dew days on the trail.
On Thursday afternoon our Volunteer Coordinator will drive a shuttle from Sedro-Woolley to Harts Pass with space for 4 volunteers.
Shuttle riders will camp at the Harts Pass Campground that night. On Friday morning volunteers will hike to the established basecamp at Barron Creek near Holman Pass where the PCT meets the PNT.
Saturday through Sunday volunteers will work with the our Volunteer Coordinator logging out and re-benching the Devils Ridge Trail while enjoying the gorgeous North Cascades vistas and the rewards of wilderness trail work.
On Monday, shuttle riders will hike out and make the 4 hour return trip back to Sedro-Woolley.
See Resources (below) for Frequently Asked Questions and packing recommendations.
- PNTA Last Worked Here: 2021
- Project Leader: PNTA Volunteer Coordinator
- Trip Time: up to 10 hrs daily, + drive and hike time
- Hike Distance: up to 15 miles each way
- Spots Available: 5
- Cost: Free
Other Location Info
- Land Manager: Okanogan-Wenatchee National Forest — Methow Ranger District
- Rendezvous Point: Harts Pass Trailhead
- Camping: Volunteers may camp with PNTA staff at a dispersed, undeveloped campsites
- Directions: See Location for directions
RSVP to this Party
Note: If you’ve already booked a spot on this trip and you’d like to book additional spots for other members of your group, or view the booking options again, then log out of your pnt.org account (if applicable) and reload this page.
Log in if you already have an account with us.
All Events at Harts Pass Trailhead
- No events in this location