9:00 am - 3:00 pm
Total: 20 / Remaining: 18
Park Creek Campground
Download Event iCal
- Region: North Cascades
- Experience: No Experience Needed
- Ages: adults, 16–17 with guardian consent, 10–15 accompanied by a guardian
- Difficulty: Easy
- Hike Length: 1–4 miles
- Trip Type: Volunteer Trail Work Party
- Trip Type: Day Trip
- Project Type: Log-out and General Maintenance
Volunteer with the Pacific Northwest Trail Association as we log out the section of trail from Baker Hot Springs to Park Creek/Swift Creek Campgrounds on the Mount Baker-Snoqualmie National Forest!
This section of trail follows a historic road grade (referred to on some maps as Forest Road 1144) from the back of the Park Creek Campground up to the trailhead for both the Swift Creek Trail and Baker Hot Springs. The trail follows verdant Morovitz Creek, passing several small ponds before a gradual climb through a classic PNW old growth forest, ending just a quarter mile from Baker Hot Springs. Early season reports indicate many logs across the trail, so we are scheduling two work parties (7/16 and 8/20) to kick this trail back into shape!
How You Can Help
Volunteers will team up with a PNTA crew leader to clear the trail. Crew leaders and other Region 6 USFS Certified Sawyers will use chainsaws to buck trees and volunteers will “swamp” by removing cut branches and logs from the trail.
Volunteers may also have the chance to use crosscut saws, hand saws and hand tools to clear fallen trees and branches from the PNT.
For folks interested in learning about other aspects of trails work, we may also work on the tread near the crossing of Morovitz Creek at this trail work party.
Volunteers will meet at the back of the Park Creek Campground, 20 miles up the Baker Lake Road from the North Cascades Hwy 20. There will be room for up to 5 participants to carpool to/from the campground with the crew leader from Sedro-Woolley. We will all meet at the trailhead at 9:00am, have a quick safety chat and then get to work clearing the trail, working until about 3:00pm.
Volunteers must have a daypack, lunch, water, long pants, long sleeves and boots. Consider bringing a change of clothes if you would like to take a soak in the hot springs to ease your muscles after a day of hard work. Or jump in Baker Lake if it’s a hot one!
This event is great for both seasoned trail stewards and folks with no experience.
- PNTA Last Worked Here: 2021
- Project Leader: Evan Watson
- Trip Time: up to 6 hrs + drive time
- Hike Distance: up to 5 miles round trip
- Spots Available: 20
- Cost: Free
Other Location Info
- Land Manager: Mt. Baker-Snoqulamie National Forest — Mt. Baker Ranger District
- Rendezvous Point: Park Creek Campground
- Camping: Camping is not included with this event but may be available at several campgrounds around Baker Lake, including Park Creek Campground
- Directions: See Location for directions
RSVP to this Party
Note: If you’ve already booked a spot on this trip and you’d like to book additional spots for other members of your group, or view the booking options again, then log out of your pnt.org account (if applicable) and reload this page.
Bookings are closed for this event.
All Events at Park Creek Campground
- No events in this location