Total: 22 / Remaining: 22
Gypsy Meadows Campground
Download Event iCal
- Region: Northeast Washington
- Experience: Backpacking experience recommended
- Ages: adults; 15–17 with a guardian
- Difficulty: Difficult (due to hike length)
- Hike Length: over 6 miles
- Trip Type: Pack Support, Backcountry
- Trip Duration: Day Trip, or Multi-day
- Project Type: Pack Support
Travel a loop on the Shedroof Divide out of Gyspy Meadows when you volunteer to help retrieve gear from a PNTA trail crew returning from their hitch in the Salmo-Priest Wilderness.
On Monday afternoon a PNTA trail crew will need help carrying out gear and tools from their backcountry spike camp at Thunder Mountain on Shedroof Divide Trail 512. Pack support volunteers should expect to trek up to 13-miles, or about 8 hours on this trip. We are also seeking volunteers to help pack our crews into the Wilderness on Tuesday, August 1st.
If backcountry equestrians are interested in volunteering for this trip, we could accomplish our goals with 4–5 stock animals, hauling out roughly 475–500 pounds of tools and gear.
If equestrians aren’t available, then we’ll lighten our loads and make any necessary adjustments to get the job done with two-legged volunteers. 10-15 volunteer backpackers will be needed to help the crew carry back tools and gear.
Pack support volunteers are welcome to arrive at Gypsy Meadows basecamp on Sunday and Monday evenings. Whether you’re traveling on horseback or foot, we’d recommend embarking from the trailhead by 0900 on Monday to leave yourself enough daylight for the return trip.
The PNTA can provide you with backpacks, and you decide how much weight you or your stock are comfortable carrying.
Please bring your essential daypack items, as well as your backpacking gear if you plan to make this a multi-day trip. See Resources (below) for Frequently Asked Questions and packing recommendations.
- PNTA Last Worked Here: 2022
- Project Leader: Kristin Ackerman
- Trail Crew Leader(s): Hannah & Sam
- Trip Time: up to 8+ hrs daily, + drive time
- Hike Distance: up to 13–14 miles round trip
- Spots Available: 5–15
- Meals: Not included; meal reimbursement available for multi-day participants
- Cost: Free
Other Location Info
- Land Manager: Colville National Forest — Sullivan Lake Ranger District
- Rendezvous Location: Gypsy Meadows CG
- Staging Area: Gyspy Meadows CG
- Camping: Multi-day participants may disperse camp at Gypsy Meadows
- Directions: See Location for directions
Register for this Party
Note: If you’ve already booked a spot on this trip and you’d like to book additional spots for other members of your group, or view the booking options again, then log out of your pnt.org account (if applicable) and reload this page.
Log in if you already have an account with us.
All Events at Gypsy Meadows Campground
- Shedroof Divide Access Trails — Annual Maintenance - 06/22/2023 - 06/25/2023 - All Day
- Salmo-Priest Wilderness — Pack In Support - 08/01/2023 - All Day
- Salmo-Priest Wilderness — Pack Out Support - 08/07/2023 - All Day