Date(s): 08/05/2021 - 08/10/2021
7:00 am - 3:30 pm
Total: 0 / Remaining: 0
Gypsy Meadows Campground
Download Event iCal
- Region: Northeast Washington
- Experience: No Experience Needed
- Ages: adults; 16–17 with guardian consent
- Difficulty: Intermediate
- Hike Length: 3–6 miles
- Trip Type: Drop-in Work Party
- Trip Type: Day Trip(s), Multi-day
- Project Type: Protection (tread repairs, drains, structures)
No experience is necessary to join this drop-in work party to help protect an important feeder trail to the Pacific Northwest Trail. With your help we’ll construct a turnpike (a raised trail surface) over a wet area on Thunder Creek TR 526, approximately three miles from the trailhead, on the edge of the Salmo-Priest Wilderness.
Drop-in volunteers make a difference by working alongside PNTA Performance Crews. PNTA staff work on site for the duration of the event, but volunteers are welcome to participate for as long as they like.
Please note: If volunteers are available for the Mill Pond work party, this crew will work at Mill Pond on Friday, August 6th, then return to the Thunder Creek project.
The PNTA provides tools, personal protective equipment, and training. Just bring yourself, your daypack, and a thirst for a rewarding day on the trail. See Resources (below) for Frequently Asked Questions and daypack recommendations.
Other volunteer opportunities: Volunteers trail scouts can share info about trail conditions in Northeast Washington by submitting a Scout Report, or by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- PNTA Last Worked Here: July 2021
- Project Leader: Kristin Ackerman
- Trail Crew Leader/s: Greg & Nick
- Trip Time: up to 8+ hrs daily, + drive time
- Hike Distance: 6 miles
- Spots Available: 2 per day
- Cost: Free
Other Location Info
- Land Manager: Colville National Forest
- Rendezvous Point: Thunder Creek Trailhead, across from Gypsy Meadows Campground
- Staging Area: NA
- Camping: Camping is available with PNTA staff at a dispersed, undeveloped site. Developed and semi-developed campgrounds (pay-to-stay) are available nearby.
- Directions: See Location