The Cougar Mountain Trailhead is a small parking area that provides access to the Thirteenmile Trail 023, part of the Pacific Northwest Trail.
Bring plenty of water, and your cathole kit. There is no vault toilet at this location.
- From Republic, follow Hwy 20 eastbound toward Sherman Pass, for approx 4–5 miles beyond the turnoff to Curlew (Hwy 21)
- From Hwy 20, turn right on Hall Creek FR 2050-600.
- Follow Hall Creek Rd approx. 5–6miles, then fork right (westward) down Ninemile Creek FR 2053-000.
- Nearly five miles along FR 2053, turn right on FR 2054-000.
- In less than a mile, when FR 2054 forks, continue up (stay left) Thirteenmile FR 2054.
- In approx. 4.8 miles, FR 2054 intersects with TR 023.
Additional Trailheads for Thirteenmile Trail 023
- Thirteenmile Trailhead (western terminus, eastbound mile 0)
- Cougar Mountain (eastbound, mile 4.9)
- Bear Pot Trailhead (eastbound, mile 13.5)
- Hall Creek Trailhead (eastern terminus, mile 17.7)
Parking for several vehicles.
Hiking, Bicycling, and Horseback Riding and Camping.
No fees or passes are required for day-use visitors.