Date(s) - 06/10/2021 - 06/11/2021
7:00 am - 4:30 pm
Gypsy Meadows Campground
Download Event iCal
- Region: Northeast Washington
- Experience: No Experience Needed
- Ages: adults; 16–17 with guardian consent
- Difficulty: Intermediate
- Hike Length: 3–6 miles
- Trip Type: Volunteer Trail Work Party
- Trip Type: Day Trip(s)
- Project Type: Log Out, Brush Out, Tread Work
Help get the PNT/ Shedroof Cutoff Trail in shape for summer. Volunteer “swampers” will work with a PNTA sawyer, rolling log rounds and removing cut branches from the trail corridor.
When the team enters the Salmo-Priest Wilderness, volunteers will have an opportunity to take turns using a two-person crosscut saw to clear the trail. We can also spot maintain the tread, clear drains, and prune back brush along the way.
From Cutoff 511, we’ll continue southbound to log-out the Shedroof Divide 512. (A WTA work party will followup to complete log out of the Divide between TRs 511–526.)
No trail crew experience is necessary. The PNTA provides tools, personal protective equipment, and training. Just bring yourself, your daypack, and a thirst for a rewarding day on the trail!
Crew leaders work on the trail for the duration of the trip, but volunteer crew members are free to participate for as long as they like.
See Resources (below) for Frequently Asked Questions and daypack recommendations.
- PNTA Last Worked Here: 2020
- Project Leader: Kristin Ackerman
- Trail Crew Leader/s: TBD
- Trip Time: up to 8+ hrs daily, + drive time
- Hike Distance: up to 6 miles round trip
- Spots Available: 4
- Cost: Free
Other Location Info
- Land Manager: Colville National Forest — Sullivan Lake Ranger District
- Rendezvous Point: Gypsy Meadows Campground
- Staging Area: NA
- Camping: Camping is available with PNTA staff at a nearby dispersed, undeveloped site. Developed and semi-developed campgrounds (pay-to-stay) are also available nearby.
- Directions: See Location for directions