Total: 10 / Remaining: 10
Samish Overlook Trailhead
Download Event iCal
- Region: Puget Sound
- Experience: No Experience Needed
- Ages: adults, 16–17 with guardian consent, 10–15 accompanied by a guardian
- Difficulty: Easy
- Hike Length: 1–4 miles
- Trip Type: Volunteer Trail Work Party
- Trip Type: Day Trip
- Project Type: Brushing and General Maintenance
Volunteer with the Pacific Northwest Trail Association as we work to cut back the vegetation that has grown into the Samish Overlook Trail that climbs from Chuckanut Drive to the overlook near Oyster Dome on Blanchard State Forest!
This section of trail gets hundreds of users every week and is especially popular on the weekend. We’ll work mid-week so we can be more productive. At this work party, we’ll focus on keeping the corridor wide enough for groups to pass one another and work to smooth out the walking surface of the trail and minimize any tripping hazards.
The overlook affords spectacular views of the Puget Sound, Skagit Valley and San Juan Islands and is a great reward after a day’s work.
How You Can Help
Volunteers will team up with a PNTA crew leader to clear the trail. We’ll use both hand tools like loppers and weed whips in combination to gas-powered brush cutters for maximum productivity.
Volunteers may also have the chance to use crosscut saws, hand saws and hand tools to clear fallen trees and branches from the PNT.
Volunteers are welcome to drive separately and meet us at the Samish Overlook Trailhead parking area. There will also be room for up to 5 participants to carpool to/from the campground with a PNTA crew leader from Sedro-Woolley.
We will all meet at the trailhead at 9:00am, have a quick safety chat and then get to work clearing the trail, working until about 3:00pm.
Volunteers must have a daypack, lunch, water, long pants, long sleeves and boots. Consider bringing a change of clothes if you would like to take a soak in the hot springs to ease your muscles after a day of hard work. Or jump in Baker Lake if it’s a hot one!
This event is great for both seasoned trail stewards and folks with no experience.
- PNTA Last Worked Here: 2020
- Project Leader: Evan Watson
- Trip Time: up to 6 hrs + drive time
- Hike Distance: up to 4 miles round trip
- Spots Available: 10
- Cost: Free
Other Location Info
- Land Manager: Blanchard State Forest
- Rendezvous Point: Samish Overlook Trailhead Parking Area
- Camping: Camping is not included with this event but may be available at several campgrounds
- Directions: See Location for directions
RSVP to this Party
Note: If you’ve already booked a spot on this trip and you’d like to book additional spots for other members of your group, or view the booking options again, then log out of your pnt.org account (if applicable) and reload this page.
Bookings are closed for this event.
All Events at Samish Overlook Trailhead
- No events in this location