Date(s) - 05/27/2021 - 05/30/2021
7:00 am - 4:30 pm
Sullivan Lake Ranger Station
Download Event iCal
- Region: Northeast Washington
- Experience: No Experience Needed
- Ages: adults; 16–17 with guardian consent
- Difficulty: Difficult (due to hike length)
- Hike Length: over 6 miles
- Trip Type: Volunteer Trail Work Party
- Trip Type: Day Trip(s), Multi-day
- Project Type: Log Out, Brush Out, Tread Work
Help get the Red Bluff Trail ready for visitors this season. Volunteer “swampers” will work with a PNTA sawyer, rolling log rounds and removing cut branches from the trail corridor. We can also spot maintain the tread, clear drains, and prune back brush along the way.
No trail crew experience is necessary for this event. The PNTA provides tools, personal protective equipment, and training. Just bring yourself, your daypack, and a thirst for a rewarding day on the trail!
No trail crew experience necessary. The PNTA provides tools, personal protective equipment, and training. Just bring yourself, your daypack, and a thirst for a rewarding day on the trail!
Crew leaders work on the trail for the duration of the trip, but volunteer crew members are free to participate for as long as they like.
See Resources (below) for Frequently Asked Questions and daypack recommendations.
Other Ways to Volunteer
Pack support volunteers— people and/or stock animals—are welcome! These volunteers will help carry equipment and supplies (chainsaw, etc.) for the crew so they can bring all the tools they need and direct more energy towards trail work.
- PNTA Last Worked Here: 2020
- Project Leader: Kristin Ackerman
- Trail Crew Leader/s: TBD
- Trip Time: up to 8+ hrs daily, + drive time
- Hike Distance: up to 10 miles round trip
- Spots Available: 4
- Cost: Free
Other Location Info
- Land Manager: Colville National Forest — Sullivan Lake Ranger District
- Rendezvous Point: Sullivan Lake Ranger Station
- Staging Area: NA
- Camping: Camping is available with PNTA staff at a dispersed, undeveloped site near Sullivan Lake. Multiple developed campgrounds (pay-to-stay) are available nearby.
- Directions: See Location for directions
Red Bluff TR 553 provides access to the designated PNT Route on N Fk Sullivan TR 507.