Date(s): 06/23/2022 - 06/26/2022
Total: 32 / Remaining: 21
Sullivan Lake Ranger Station
Download Event iCal
Note: This trip has been rescheduled from its original dates (late-July 2022) to accommodate the rescheduling of another trip impacted by lingering snow pack.
- Region: Northeast Washington
- Experience: No Experience Needed
- Ages: adults; 16–17 with guardian consent
- Difficulty: Difficult (due to hike length)
- Hike Length: over 6 miles
- Trip Type: Drop-in Work Party
- Trip Duration: Day Trip(s), Multi-day
- Project Type: Log Out, Brush Out, Tread Work, Protection (tread repairs, drains, turnpike construction)
Spend a summer day in the deep shade of a cedar-hemlock forest with this PNTA crew maintaining Red Bluff TR 553, and the “PNT-classic”(originally designated) route on Halliday TR 522 and North Fork Sullivan Creek TR 507.
Help clear a path through the PNT by joining this log out party as a “swamper” who follows behind a PNTA sawyer, rolling log rounds and tossing branches off the trail. Crew members also use loppers or handsaws to trim back brush, saplings and branches growing in the corridor, and dirt work tools to repair the tread and clear drains along the way.
After we’ve cleared a path for the trail users and another volunteer work party that will work further up N Fk Sullivan Creek, PNTA crews will focus on protection work, like building turnpikes to cross over wet areas.
No trail crew experience necessary: the PNTA provides tools, personal protective equipment, and training. Just bring yourself, your daypack, and a thirst for a rewarding day on the trail!
See Resources (below) for Frequently Asked Questions and packing recommendations.
- PNTA Last Worked Here: 2021
- Project Leader: Kristin Ackerman
- Trail Crew Leader(s): Mack & Ryan
- Trip Time: up to 6+ hrs daily, + drive time
- Hike Distance: 8–10 miles round trip at maximum range
- Spots Available: 2 daily
- Meals: Included for multi-day participants who register & enroll by 12:00 p.m., Friday June 17th
- Cost: Free
Other Location Info
- Land Manager: Colville National Forest — Sullivan Lake Ranger District
- Rendezvous Location: Sullivan Lake Ranger Station
- Staging Area: TBD
- Camping: Multi-day participants may disperse camp with the PNTA crew; developed fee campgrounds are also available nearby
- Directions: See Location for directions
About Drop-in Work Parties
Meals are available for multi-day participants who register early enough for us to include them in meal plans. (See Meals deadline in Project Details, above.)
Want to dig deeper and play longer? The Performance Crew works at this location for a full week. Reach out to the Project Leader at firstname.lastname@example.org if you’d like to coordinate participation on day not listed in the registry.
Register for this Party
Note: If you’ve already booked a spot on this trip and you’d like to book additional spots for other members of your group, or view the booking options again, then log out of your pnt.org account (if applicable) and reload this page.
Bookings are closed for this event.
All Events at Sullivan Lake Ranger Station
- No events in this location