Date(s): 09/15/2022 - 09/18/2022
Total: 16 / Remaining: 15
Profanity Peak Trailhead
Download Event iCal
- Region: Northeast Washington
- Experience: No Experience Needed
- Ages: adults; 16–17 with guardian consent; 10–15 accompanied by guardian
- Difficulty: Intermediate to Difficult (due to hike length)
- Hike Length: 3–6 miles to over 6 miles— varies by day
- Trip Type: Volunteer Work Party
- Trip Duration: Day Trip(s), Multi-day
- Project Type: Log Out, Brush Out, Tread Work, Protection (tread repairs, drains)
Spend a golden late-summer day on the Kettle Crest with a PNTA work party maintaining a section of the PNT between Profanity Peak and Ryan Cabin trails. We’ll give Profanity Peak TR 032 some much needed TLC along the way.
“Swampers” will help clear a path through the brush by following behind sawyers to roll log rounds and toss branches off the trail. We’ll also use loppers and handsaws to trim back brush, saplings and branches growing in the trail, and dirt work tools to restore the tread and drains along the way.
No trail crew experience necessary: the PNTA provides tools, personal protective equipment, and training. Just bring yourself, your daypack, and a thirst for a rewarding day on the trail!
See Resources (below) for Frequently Asked Questions and packing recommendations.
- PNTA Last Worked Here: NA
- Project Leader: Kristin Ackerman
- Trail Crew Leader(s): TBD
- Trip Time: up to 6+ hrs daily, + drive time
- Hike Distance: up to 7 miles round trip at maximum range
- Spots Available: 4 daily
- Meals: Included for multi-day participants who register & enroll by 12:00 p.m. Friday, September 9th
- Cost: Free
- Access: High-clearance vehicle recommended
Other Location Info
- Land Manager: Colville National Forest — Republic Ranger District
- Rendezvous Location: Profanity Peak Trailhead
- Staging Area: NA
- Camping: Multi-day participants my disperse camp with PNTA crew leaders
- Directions: See Location for directions
About Trip Duration
Volunteer crew members are free to participate for as long as they like. For example, you can join the crew as day-trip participant, or make this a multi-day adventure.
Meals are available for multi-day participants who register early enough for us to include them in meal plans. (See Meals deadline in Project Details, above.)
Want to dig deeper and play longer? Crew leaders work at this location for several days, and transportation between a rendezvous location in Kettle Falls and the project location may be available for crew members who opt to stick around for maximum trip duration.
Register for this Party
Note: If you’ve already booked a spot on this trip and you’d like to book additional spots for other members of your group, or view the booking options again, then log out of your pnt.org account (if applicable) and reload this page.